Friday 15 June 2007

Problems with Properties showing in Property Editor with custom web server controls

I was creating a custom web sever control which was inherited from CompositeControl, I had removed a couple of editor properties, I then noticed that some properties were not being shown in the property editor after you switched between source and design view of a web page. To fix this I had to add in a new property, compile and use it, then take the new property back out again.
I also had to take the reference of the object out of the web page and stick it back in again.
All in all a pain in the bottom, and a waste of time!

Dear MS why did you make the development of web controls so annoying, like having to put a new control on the screen everytime you make a change, and debugging the component in design mode what were you thinking!